INF 1020 Section 251- Oh what a semester!!!
I have taken a computer class before in high school. While I learned a lot from that class, I have truly gained a tremendous amount from this class. My skills have been finely tuned and I have become much efficient and quicker with my skills in Microsoft 2007. While I happen to view myself as computer savvy, this course has really helped me become confident in all the tools and skills in these programs. I now feel completely comfortable using the formulas and tools of all of the programs that we have worked with. Specifically, I really gained a tremendous amount of knowledge in Excel 07. Coming into the semester and being computer literate I was excited to see how much more I could learn. And what I have gained out of this class has exceeded my expectations.
I thought the text book for the class was extremely useful. While hands on work in the programs itself are always the best tool, the text book did provide valuable step by step information in all of the Office 2007. It did an excellent job of explaining new tools and aspects of the program that were added to the new addition. The tutorials found in the book were extremely useful in moving from the very basics of the programs to the more complicated formulas and formatting of the programs. In addition, the book proved useful as a great reference tool and reminder when I had forgotten a tool, formula, or method. The book was also helpful in completing the case graders as it proved to be a great reference tool to look back at. Overall, I had a very good experience with the book.
As I have said, I gained so much out of this class. From an academic standpoint, I became extremely efficient in my skills, knowledge, and ability of the programs. I am so excited to now take these skills with me into the business world and cant want to use them this summer and for the rest of my life. I mentioned in an early entry that I had a very satisfying incident in which I was offered a job based on my skills in Excel. To see something I had learned in this class help me outside of the classroom was just a refreshing experience. On a more personal level, the computing skills I gained this semester have a really boosted my confidence. Being even more computer savvy is something I have always hoped for and I now feel very comfortable facing any challenge I'll face using these programs.
One of the most important things I gained this semester was that I saw how the work with the programs could create something new. It was great witnessing blank documents, worksheets, and presentations being formed into our own works with our own styles and formatting. Starting from blank worksheets we created colorful and detailed presentations of all types of information. It really made daunting tasks of creating databases and presentations into more reachable goals.
Professor, it is not very often that you meet somebody that makes you want to be a better person. You are one the nicest, most caring, and understanding people I have ever met in my life. Your love for knowledge, teaching, and students is something that not only every teacher should strive for but every person. It has been an absolute honor to have learned from you this semester. I am actually regretful that I did not take this course earlier in my YU career so that we could have had a relationship over the last two years. Thank you for the knowledge, lessons, and friendship. You truly are a tzadik and I cannot wait till the fall to see you again. Thank you so much again for every. Have a Great Summer!!!
Sincerely,
Jordan Kolb